Chicken puff pastry or patty is a very popular dish around the world. It’s loved by all and tasty as well. It’s really easy to make. There are some points that we have to keep in mind while making chicken patties at home. In order to make it perfect chicken patties are a beautiful blend of flavours. The crunch of the outer layering is really amazing and it gives the beautiful texture to the dish.
The juicy flavour of chicken adds that authentic flavour of the dish. The main key of this dish is the proper layering of the outer layer. If it’s on point then your dish will be perfect. The star ingredient of this dish is obviously the chicken. If your chicken is juicy and fresh then you are too. She will be more flavourful. So without wasting any time, let’s get started on how to make chicken patties at home with simple steps and delicious Flavours.
In order to make chicken puff, pastry or patty ingredients we need
- Refined wheat flour
- Salt as per your taste
- Cumin powder
- Coriander powder
- Finely chopped chilli
- Red chili powder
- Turmeric powder
- Garam masala
- Hot spices curry leaves
- Fennel seeds
- Star anise
- Cloves coriander
- Mango powder
- Corn flour
- Desi ghee or clarified butter
- Carom seeds and most importantly your love.
Steps Of Making
- So the first step in order to make chicken patties is to take a bowl add 1 cup of refined wheat flour, 1 cup wheat flour and mix it well add salt as per your taste 1 teaspoon of carom seeds, 4 teaspoon of oil and mix it with your hands nicely.
- Now you have to mix the flour like that.
- If you hold the flour in your hand it holds the shape for sometime then it’s your perfect mixture.
- Now you have to add water and make a soft dough out of it. And you have to raise the dough for 10 to 15 minutes for proper texture.
- Now we have to cook the chicken before marinating it with turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and curd.
- After 10 to 15 minutes of marination, we will cook the chicken for this turn on your gas in medium flame. Add oil, now add bayleaf chili garlic paste and cook till the colour changes into golden brown.
- Now add tomatoes, also you can add onion and green chilies.
- If you want now we have to add the dry spices like turmeric.
- Don’t add it too much because we used it in the marination also warm spices, dry, mango powder, coriander leaves, carom seeds, and you are done with the chicken stuffing.
- Now we have to make a thick paste out of corn flour and clarified butter or Desi ghee.
- Now we have to cut the dough into small pieces and to roll out each one into thin sheets.
- Now you have to put sheets above the other and before this you have to brush the corn flour and clarified butter mixture on each sheet except the first.
- Now you have to do it for 7 to 8 sheets after this tightly, roll up the sheets and make small partitions out of it.
- Now take each part and roll it into sheets and cut it in a triangle shape or any shape you like. Now you have to fill the stuffing and close it in the corners. You have to apply water in the corners to seal it properly. And your chicken puff pastries.
- Now your puff pastry is ready to fry. Deep fry the chicken puff pastries or patties in medium flame until it’s golden brown on both sides.
- After it’s golden brown, take it out on a plate with tissue paper to absorb extra oil and your chicken patties are ready to serve. Serve it with tomato ketchup or sweet chili sauce and enjoy.
The master tips in order to make chicken puff pastries or patties are you have to prepare a soft tour for the outer layering. Marinate the chicken for proper taste. Seal the corners of the puff pastries properly. Don’t over cook the chicken. Don’t forget to rest the dough. Don’t overcook the puff pastry. Roll down thin sheets of pastry. When you are rolling down the 7 to 8 sheets of chicken, Puff pastry rolls it down tightly. And that’s all.
I hope this recipe is helpful for you and you are able to make the perfect chicken puff pastries or patties at home. Thanks for reading.